- Many of us at one time or another have suffered from some form of depression. I also know that as longs as we have some physical ailment our bodies are more apt to be depressed. Here are some helpful tips that will transform us into better human beings whether we are depressed or not.
- Get the proper amount of rest needed on a daily basis. Also make sure to do some form of exercise even when you don’t feel like it. Drink lots of water to keep your body well hydrated and to help flush the toxins from your body.
- I’ve had to learn the hard way that sugar depresses the system. So if you have a sweet tooth, start trying to abstain. Sugar is also bad for many other reasons, but in my case it was also a catalyst for pain. Shortly after eating sweets, I would feel the difference in my body, and the feelings were never good ones.
- Let go of all negative and angry thoughts. Many of us tend to lean more toward negative thinking than toward the positive. Say things to yourself like; “I feel so happy today.” “I am beautiful.” We may not believe these things about ourselves, but God did make us in His image, and if we say them enough, they can become a reality.
- Maintain your positive thoughts, and whenever a negative thought comes replace it with the positive. There is a Supernatural world around us, and there is an unseen war going on for our lives. Satan and his demons are seeking to destroy the minds of many with negative thoughts and negative ways of thinking. Not too many want to hear about God or to believe in a God we cannot see, but God and His goodness is the very One that our minds are in need of.
- If we would allow ourselves to look at God’s Word and to believe it, we would see that just before Jesus left this earth and went into heaven, He said He would not leave us alone. He said He would leave us a Comforter, all we need to do was to ask Him to come live within us. Jesus also requested that we should follow His commandments, and His commandments would show us how to love and how to live a better life. God is gracious and merciful. When we invite His Holy Spirit in, He will lead us in every way that is right. The Holy Spirit has a “Still Small Voice,” so when we invite Him into our lives, the scary negative thoughts we once had will be replaced with uplifting and comforting words that He will whisper to us. Our bodies will now be filling with Light, and the darkness of the demons will be greatly diminished.
John 14:15 “If you love me keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper that He may abide with you forever—-17 the spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because it either sees Him nor knows Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. KJV